Monday, June 30, 2008

too much time on my hands, it's hard to believe such a calamity

I have a list of things I want to do, if only I had the time. Well, now I have the time, so I better get to it. There are several lessons I'd like to take like voice, guitar, photography, jewelry making, painting, writing, and tennis. I don't have big dreams about becoming really good, just interested in knowing a little more and enjoying myself. It always seems to me that it is often easier to get more done when my schedule is crowded. I think it's inertia--a body at rest remains at rest. When I was young I took lessons like piano (and just like my mom warned, I'm sorry I didn't practice-big sigh), tap dance, and ice skating. In college some of my best classes were electives like acting, flower arranging, and watercolor. So, if you know of any teachers (or are willing to be a teacher) or are interested in taking any classes with me, I'd love to know.

3 comments:

rocknbrocks said...

Hey, what about our tennis class at BYU? I thought we had mastered that sport--ha!
Your classes sound great, let us know what you decide.
I'd love to take: cooking, photography, interior design, stenciling and dance!

Kristen said...

Tennis together! That was fun! I remember this guy that asked to play one night and after I beat him I never heard from him again. Cooking--good idea! I need to.

Shonda said...

Fun! I want to take voice, cello, drawing, watercolor, knitting and crocheting, quilting, kinesiology and cooking. I do want to know more about photography, but more along the lines of Photoshopping the pictures after the fact.