Wednesday, June 4, 2008

things that make you go hmm

If I weren't a school teacher (or an interior designer driving down PCH in a convertible on my way to decorate ocean view homes--a fantasy since high school), then I should have been a dermatologist. I am mesmerized by those full color medical books showing all manner of things that go wrong on a person's skin. And don't even get me started on tumors. My friend Rosanne once thought I'd be a good match with this guy because of our, "mutual love of tumors." That's just wrong, and I know it. "Love" is a little strong. More like, "strange fascination in manner of looking at an accident". Today I got an email from my friend Kim with some photos of a big bunch of rattlesnakes someone had come across on a hike. She wrote, "I sent this to you because I know you like weird things." Maybe I'll work on this.

8 comments:

Katherine said...

Bobby thought about being a dermatologist for a while. You always introduced annie and I to cool cleansers and face-washing stuff. I think you're probably the one who introduced us to the lancome face-washing brush we had to have. It's funny to me thinking back on the two of us, probably like 11 years old, spending 14 dollars on a brush to wash our face! I wonder if she remembers that.

I think we all have stuff like that. For instance, I cannot pass a dead animal on the road without staring. I just can't. I have to look, no matter how gross it is. Like last week, we passed a bloated platypus on the side of the road on the way home from Nauvoo with some friends. Out loud I was all, "Ew gross," but inside I was thinking it was pretty cool.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

I knew I liked you.

These days Annie and I go crazy for lip balms--color, texture, flavor, scent--we've got to try them all.

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shonda said...

Why don't I know that about you and tumors??? I had no idea. In fact, in high school, I clearly remember you gagging at something gross on a locker. Why do I remember things like that?

Chrissy said...

I'm feeling a little disturbed by this entry, however, I was also a lucky owner of the Lancome face washing brush. Please don't start me on lip balms too.

Kristen said...

This is so fun! Like an HB reunion! Yes, your memory is correct! I still do that!

rocknbrocks said...

hey am I too old to try the Lancome face brush--? I want to play? Kristen I want to see a picture of your pretty face!