Tuesday, June 10, 2008

you spin me right round baby, right round

I like games that are good for a laugh like Guesstures and Hoopla. Fast paced word games like Taboo, Password, Scattergories and the like are some of my favorites. I'm not particularly good, but I'm better at them than a board game that requires strategy. And patience. I just got a game called Werewolves of Miller's Hollow. Haven't played it yet, but have heard it's fun. I'll be the judge of that. As a child I didn't have enviable games like Hungry Hungry Hippos, Operation, Mousetrap, or Light Bright (not technically a game, but oh how I wanted one). Before you start to feel sorry for me, don't. I had Please Don't Break the Ice. We played Heigh Ho Cherry-o. And those were good times. The ultimate was Life with the big colorful spinner, cars, bridges, and plastic people. A game of Sardines was just fun. Sometimes I still want to play. On the other hand, Hide and Seek was scary. Who decided that hiding alone in the dark while anxiously waiting for someone to find you was a good idea? It was better when my dad helped me hide because then he was nearby. Sometimes he hid me behind the newspaper he was reading or in his closet while wearing his cowboy boots and one of his shirts. Sweet memories.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I like games to, but am trying to teach my children that Memory isn't played by throwing the cards all over the room.

Kristen said...

it isn't? :)

Megan Curtis said...

Unbelievable!! WOW!

Shonda said...

Hey girlie,
This has nothing to do with your post, but could you e-mail me? My e-mail is wacky and it would be easier for me to reply to you than compose. I am having brain fog and can't remember the last name of our little friends, Marcus and Todd. I'll tell you why in e-mail!
~Shonda