Sunday, June 22, 2008

sing (canta), sing a song (canta una cancion)

Today I sang in the church choir for the first time in years. I loved it! We sang a very pretty arrangement of Beautiful Savior. I had forgotten how much I enjoy singing in a choir. I have an okay voice, but I really need to have someone sing in my ear to find the alto notes. My talented friend Erin is the new choir director and she invited me to join the choir. After church, Margo (yet another talented friend) asked if I'd sing a musical number in church this summer. I used to do that a bit, too, long ago. Every time I would sing a short solo part, my voice would crack. I was happy if it only happened once. It's so nice to be invited to get involved and to again be doing something I love. I'm taking requests.

6 comments:

rocknbrocks said...

Kristen, I bet your choir was very pretty today. We used to sing that song in primary often, now I rarely hear it and its one of my fav! Good for you!

Shonda said...

How wonderful! I have never been in the choir, but was thinking about Larkin and I going together. She is in a small ensemble singing group/class called Voices of Virtue. Isn't that sweet? Oh, Chissy, Kerinda is the director! She's awesome.
Good for you, Kristen! You have a great alto voice! I remeber when you were in 5. (That's what it was called?)Talented girl!

Kristen said...

Yes, that was the name of it. Great memory. I still see Connie Perkins from time to time. She looks the same.

Easy-E said...

I think you should try out for the next season of "American Idol"...I'd vote for you.

Kristen said...

You know you would!

wonderfulworldofwards said...

i'd like to make a request! you might know it.
lets see, I understand there was a song once read in poem form..if i recall correctly, a type of wedding song perhaps? now if memory serves me right, i believe it was read (at least partially read) during classtime at byu..could you refresh my memory???