Thursday, June 5, 2008

bermuda, bahama come on pretty mama

Sunset magazine, in case you don't know, is a magazine about the west (not for people in the sunset of their lives, Eric). It's got great articles about places to visit, food to make (or recipes to collect and not make), homes, gardens- I love it. A recent issue had an article about Kauai with a photograph of a helicopter flying over these magnificent green cliffs and I thought, I need to do that. I'm thinking of hammocks, pineapple, snorkeling, exploring, and maybe, if I'm brave, riding in a helicopter or on a zipline. I'm going to use it as motivation to get fit, too. Who wants to go?

7 comments:

Anne said...

I'll go, as long as I don't have to lip sinc to that song :)

Chrissy said...

I'm in, pretty mama.

Kristen said...

katherine, please tell me you remember the kokomo lip sync?

chrissy, I'll keep you posted!

wonderfulworldofwards said...

hey foxy, how does the rest of this song go??? by and by we'll defy....?? your help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Katherine said...

ha ha. I'm laughing so hard. Of course I remember. Please tell me you still have that video somewhere in the Curtis family archives!

Megan Curtis said...

I think that video could sell on ebay for lots of money. I can also do a remix if you would like.

Anne said...

I believe the video is in the cabinet above the desk in our parent’s kitchen. It is marked with a black sharpie that reads "Do Not Lose." I don’t think anyone owns a working VCR anymore, so I’m not worried.
It should be marked "Lose."