Wednesday, June 11, 2008

school's out for the summer

I spend my days with 20 little people, all different, all with their funny little quirks, and all with things that make them lovable (which I have to remind myself of sometimes). Some people think that teaching is a breeze. It's actually a career with a very high drop out rate. Many teachers don't make it past the first few years. It can be a challenge to be in the same room with the same people all day long, not to mention managing their behavior and actually teaching them. But if it fits your personality, and it does mine most days, then it's great. It allows me to be creative, a must for me. Of course there are the obvious perks-vacations. My dad likes to figure out what he calls my actual salary because I really only work about nine months a year. I am looking forward to summer vacation, but I will miss this group of students. We've had a wonderful year together. Enough of that. Time to play!

2 comments:

Saying It Simply said...

saw your entry! good luck. what grade do you teach?

Kristen said...

I teach third. They are pretty cute.