Wednesday, September 24, 2008

oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

This is a public service announcement. One of my favorite friends Connie bakes for Layer Cake this cute little bakery in Irvine that I've just recently tried. It is amazingly delicious. Everything is made from scratch. The prices are a little high, but worth it. Flakey almond croissants, soft and spicy ginger cookies and the Decadent Mud Cup was just so darn good. It's chocolate pudding, a few pieces of brownie, a layer of ganache, and some cream on top. More please. I hear the sandwiches and other food is really good, too. I'll try those when I quit being distracted by desserts. Go there now and thank me later.

2 comments:

wonderfulworldofwards said...

is this the same connie that calls bringing a platter of WHITE and DARK chocolate dipped strawberry's garnished with perfectly placed chocolate drizzle in contrasting color stripes ...."no big deal"?

i'd like to believe their food is as amazing as you say (and you've never been wrong before- your taste is impeccable)..however, i'm afraid i'll need to sample for myself, just to be sure!

Shonda said...

Let's go!!