Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I think you're crazy just like me

I've been "tagged" to share some of my quirks. In the past I used to worry
way too much about what everyone else thought and did. Of course, I'm still
plenty self conscious, but I figure if I do anything, there must be millions who
do exactly the same thing. Makes me feel normal, I guess. I'd be happy to
discuss other peoples quirks, but that might not be fair, so here are a few of mine.

I love infomercials. A few of my more recent favorites are the Magic Bullet and
Kinoki Footpads. And I'm here to tell you that the Ped Egg works and can be
purchased at Target. When I was a young I was obsessed with this purse that was
advertised on TV. It was a large structured bag that came in a couple of different colors, had your initials stiched down the front flap, and about a dozen different pockets. My dear mom bought me that purse and I loved it. Basically I was an eight year old walking around with the purse of an 80 year old.

Speaking of handbags, I find things in mine that don't belong to me. I say
"find" because I don't remember putting them there. About a month ago
Christine and I were both leaving the house at the same time in the morning.
She couldn't find her keys. Sometimes we both leave our keys on the kitchen
counter, so I thought just maybe I had accidentally put them in my purse. I
had. Luckily we were both there and I quickly found them. A few days later,I
was sleeping when I heard a knock on my door. Christine was missing her keys
again and wondered if I had them. Yes, they were in my purse again. What's up
with that? I asked her if she had started documenting my mental decline. I
sent an email apologizing. Her reply, "Last night I saw my keys on the counter
and a little voice told me to put them in my purse. I guess you heard the same
little voice." Good one, Christine. I also collect pens. Christine, are you
wondering where your Families Supporting Adoption pen is?

6 comments:

Christine said...

ooooh! she is in my grasps now...she has succombed to the ploy of marketing through pens!!! Now perhaps, if I only knew when the keys would so happen to fall into Kristen purse that I should have the keys to the hot Audi fall into mine!!! Hmmm...I think I'm onto something....

Kristen said...

I did NOT confess that this very thing happened again this morning! Christine is a good and patient soul! If I see her driving my car, I'm just going to smile and wave.

Chrissy said...

Oh yea baby. Did I ever see the 80 year old lady purse? That is FABULOUS! Perhaps you and Anne can shop at the "As Seen On TV" store together. I have to admit, I have the battery powered can opener that takes off more than just the lid (and no sharp edges!) Beautiful. And just maybe those foot pads have tempted me - I just want to see the gross final product.

rocknbrocks said...

Okay what a relief to know the footpads and magic bullet work!! I also have the ped egg, got mine at Linens! Hope you'll continue to rate all those infomercials for us! What about the Wen cleanser conditioner by Chaz Dean?

Kristen said...

I haven't purchased the Magic Bullet or the foot pads...yet.

Katherine said...

I love the Magic Bullet infomercial too!! "And as fast as you can say Bob's your uncle..." it's so funny! The crazy characters in that group. I always have to stop when I see that one on. The Ped Egg does work.