Wednesday, October 1, 2008

when it's time to change, you've got to rearrange, who you are and what you're gonna be, sha na na na na na na na na, sha na na na na

My brother Matthew and I are taking the next 12 weeks to eat really healthy and exercise lots. We want to get some good results with concentrated effort and teamwork. (Yes, I realize this is ironic after the previous post. Perhaps I'll have to try their broth based soups.) He's encouraging, knowledgeable about food and exercise, and can enjoy telling me what to do. He'll be my own personal trainer via text and phone calls. It seems that almost every social occasion revolves around food, especially near the holidays. Tough time of year, but if I decide to be really strict and take all choice away for awhile, then hopefully that will make it easier. I think he's getting close to his goal because when I sent a text telling him that in 12 weeks it will be Christmas, his response was, "I guess it's going to be a look good naked Christmas after all."

3 comments:

Shonda said...

You go girl! I keep saying I'm going to start "on Monday" but alas, Monday never comes....

rocknbrocks said...

oh I HAD to reply when I saw that song title, anything with Brady Bunch and I am there! Good for you, want to join me on my new gluten-free diet???

Shonda said...

Oh my! Jaime, why are you going GF? That is one of the hardest!