Monday, October 13, 2008

i want to be a part of it- new york, new york

I made a last minute decision to join a group of friends that were going to New York for a long weekend. I had earlier said no because I went six months ago and didn't think I should spend the money, but after realizing I would be home crying jealous tears while they were seeing Patti Lupone in Gypsy, I decided I would go. Thank you, Annie for the frequent flyer miles. You are the best. It was so much fun. I will catch up on sleep and share all the details in a few days. Well, not all the details. When I asked my brother if he thought I should go to New York, he said, "No, I'm not up to another long email about it."

So until I write about my actual weekend, I'll share where my students thought I had gone. I had the substitute give my students an assignment to write where they thought I was spending the weekend. Here are a few unedited excerpts. "I think Ms. Curtis is in Las Vegas with her friends because she wants to take a brake from teaching. And she probobly is going to gamble. And I think she's going to a restaurant with some men and her friends." "I think she is in Texas working on a farm rounding up the cows. Or maybe in the South Pole finding penguins. Or in Hawaii collecting coconuts." "Maybe she is in a jungle driving a car and being chased by a cheetah." "I think that Ms. Curtis is on a crooship. And that she met a wundurful man. I wonder where you are Ms. Curtis."

4 comments:

wonderfulworldofwards said...

they were close! welcome home ms. curtis

Shonda said...

You jet-setter, you! Sounds great!
Love your students answers! Sooo cute and funny! Tell me again what grade you teach?

Kristen said...

I teach 3rd. They are pretty sweet.

Katherine said...

Oh my gosh! What cute students!!