Monday, October 20, 2008

it's gonna be a new day for you

I had a really sweet and touching day yesterday. I am the new Relief Society President at church. I've felt really peaceful and happy about it since the bishop asked me last week. He was so kind and supportive, and that helped a lot. Yesterday was a little emotional and it's definitely going to take some time to get the hang of it. I have a lot to learn! And I can and I will! Dawn, my dear friend and former R.S. President (she was wonderful) will show me the ropes, along with many others, I'm sure. Darcy came to support me with her adorable baby boy Ry. Thanks, Darcy, that meant a lot. And Rosie by my side, and Christine smiling from the stand, and many thoughtful comments... it was great.

I needed a new blog title. I think I like it. But by all means, don't quit calling me Foxy. You know I love it. It's the spinster part I've decided to drop. A little something for my mom.

3 comments:

wonderfulworldofwards said...

well hello you!
way to go foxy r.s. president curtis!

rocknbrocks said...

Hi Foxy! Congrats on the new calling! You will be so wonderful! Guess, you won't have as much time to entertain us on your blog!

Shonda said...

That is so wonderful! You will be awesome!!!
Love you, Foxy!
XO,
S~