Saturday, August 23, 2008

oh what is it about you that makes me so jolly? is it your fifty cotton or your fifty poly?

In a few minutes I am going to say goodbye to something that's been with me for over fifteen years. A moment of silence please for my Stussy hoodie. I've had it through five moves (okay, they were all around Irvine, but still) and it has seen better days. This became painfully clear to me the day I was wearing it in a store and a girl walked by and said, "Vintage Stussy. Cool." It reminded me of that episode of I Love Lucy when Ricky wouldn't get rid of his old tattered sweater. I didn't know I could get kind of attached to an item of clothing. Throwing it out sounds kind of drastic. Maybe I'll just vow not to wear it in public.

2 comments:

wonderfulworldofwards said...

save the sweatshirt! "sometimes the clothes do not make the (wo)man"! regardless, you are foxy!

rocknbrocks said...

could you frame it and have it preserved in a frame!!! ha, love all that HB nostalgia!