Tuesday, March 10, 2009

who ya gonna call?

I am not the most technically savvy person you'll meet. By a long shot. By a long, long, long shot. One day I called Cox Communications Tech Support for a problem with my computer. In order to fix it, the man on the other end needed to take control of my computer. He instructed me to key in this, enter this, click on this, put in your password, and so on. He gained control of my computer (can't even remember what this is called) and things started moving and changing on the screen. I said something like, "How weird. It's like a ghost is in my computer." His dead serious response, "No, ma'am, it's not a ghost." I've enjoyed that line for ever since.

But, times are changing. My friend Darci (more about her coming soon) moved in a little over a week ago. Since then she has adjusted the thermostat to a schedule (this has alluded many people over the years), hooked up the cable boxes, adjusted the water temperature, and is about to get our wireless internet ready to go. I'm convinced there's nothing she can't do.

1 comment:

wonderfulworldofwards said...

i LOVE this story! and i LOVE YOU!! and your new technical genius roomie!