Thursday, February 5, 2009

anything you want, you got it

The other day in class, I noticed that I had lost a brand new charm from my silver bracelet. We all looked, but no luck. It was gone. The next day Britney quietly handed me a little bag. She had bought me a pink rhinestone heart charm from Gap Kids to replace the one I had lost.

The week before we let out for Christmas vacation, my students asked me what I wanted them to give me for Christmas. I told them that I love to receive handmade cards with heart felt notes. They asked, "But don't you like diamonds?" I laughed and said I did. A few days later Lesley came with a wrapped box and I opened it to find a small blue glass paperweight that has been cut with facets like a diamond. On the last day of school before the break, several students brought me cards and little gifts. Capri was so excited. Her card read, "Ms. Curtis, thank you for being a good teacher and having pashunts. I like your pursonality." Her gift was a giant pink glass "diamond" paperweight. The class has oohed and ahhed and loved looking at and holding them. They are a sweet reminder to me that my students want to give me what they think I want the most.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Cute things your students said.

Did you ever find your charm?

Shonda said...

Totally gave me tears. Your kids love you.

Chrissy said...

Oh, so sweet. I love your class. And I love that you appreciate their heartfelt gestures. The teachers at our school decided to come up with an acceptable gift list for the room moms. It kind of takes the fun out of gift giving.

Princess Danell said...

Isn't that one of the greatest perks of being a teacher. Short, undeveloped people telling you you are beautiful. You are the smartest person in the whole world...etc. I miss that part.

rocknbrocks said...

aren't kids so cute? I have those moments all the time with my kids! I know you're an awesome teacher....can I come visit your classroom?