Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of texas

I had a wonderful week with Annie, Brock, Alyssa, Ben, and Luke. We went shopping, ate delicious food (she cooks my favorite meal for Christmas Eve dinner), went for walks, looked at the kewlest Christmas lights (set to music), and took plenty of naps. Brock awarded me second best napper award right after Luke. I gladly accept. Annie is this thoughtful, smart, capable, super organized, excellent cook, cool headed cookie. When I told my friend Rosanne that Anne can get five people ready for church while I've still got wet hair, she said, "We all have different gifts." I'd take a few of hers.

Favorite quotes from my six year old niece Alyssa-- When she saw that Santa brought her the exact stuffed dog she had seen at Target, she looked at it and asked, "Does Santa steal?" On the way to the airport, she asked Anne, "Mama, when Kristen grows up is she going to have a baby?" We all hope I'll grow up and have a baby, Alyssa. Hope springs eternal.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Oh thank you. It was a delight to have you here. We all love you!

wonderfulworldofwards said...

laughing...your little people say the cutest things!

rocknbrocks said...

Hi K! Who is Brock, a nephew? Is he named after us? Since we're the same age, I guess I am not a grown up either!
Baylee named all the adults at Bo's for Christmas, but left out the twins....I asked her why she didn't include them and she said " Jess and Josh are teenagers!"

Katherine said...

That's really cute what Alyssa said. I agree about everything you said about Anne. She is amazing. I miss her so much!! I know she loved having you there for Christmas. What does she make on Christmas Eve?