Tuesday, December 9, 2008

if we took a holiday, took some time to celebrate

The logical holiday to be writing about would be Christmas, but today I'm thinking of Halloween. In October, I'm not a fan of stores like CVS that have those large, creepy looking, moving, shrieking Halloween decorations. But there's much more I do like about Halloween like my fabuloso new decorations and pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, chocolate chip pumpkin cake, a pumpkin roll with cream cheese frosting...

For the past several years I've gone the easy route with my costumes. I wear all black (what else is new) then put on a pair of ears and I'm a cat. Or carry a bag of jewels and I'm a cat burglar. In college my roommate was going on a date to a Halloween party and needed a costume idea. I told her about the time I dressed up as a grandma, so that's what she decided to do. I'm sure her date was expecting her to be in some sexy outfit (she was gorgeous) and instead there she was in a housedress, powdered hair pulled back in a bun, glasses hanging around her neck, baggy pantyhose, and slip showing. It was awesome.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Funny!
Did you spell celebrate wrong on purpose?

Kristen said...

Oops. That's a little too close to celibate, isn't it? Taking care of that right now!