Thursday, January 8, 2009

she's gone, oh i, oh i'd better learn how to face it

On January 1st, my dear Christine moved out and into a place of her own. When she first told me I was supportive and totally understood her wanting to have her own place. I was also a little sad for me and feeling a little left behind, but then I remembered how excited I was to get my first place and realized that she must be feeling the same way. And oh yeah, that the world doesn't revolve around me. I will certainly miss having her around though. Do you know how great it is to have a live in board certified therapist who also happens to be one of your dearest friends? That's good stuff! I've really appreciated her insights. She would often give me a whole new perspective on something. Christine's so smart, fun, beautiful, organized, helpful, good, fun, talented and funny! I've gathered some great Christine quotes and memories the past couple of years. And of course, I still plan on seeing her often and sharing more good times. We had already gotten together on the 2nd. A few miles will not keep us apart! I love you, Christine!

5 comments:

Shonda said...

I'll bet that was hard! (hugs) Do you have the Wicked soundtrack? You two will have to listen to For Good and cry together. :)

Kristen said...

Funny you should mention that because she actually made the CD for me and we saw the show together with some other friends. :)

wonderfulworldofwards said...

ohhhhh the memories! some of my best and (worst) moments were shared in your home...with two of my favorite people! sigh, i love you girls!! more than words can say!

ps.
"for good" is the perfect background music for these memories ;)

add in the rare moments of "what is this feeling" that are NORMAL for everyone and only make a friendship stronger and closer!
lol; )

"....For you see, my roommate is:

GALINDA:
Unusually and exceedingly foxy
And altogether quite impossible to describe:

ELPHABA:
Blonde.

rocknbrocks said...

So are you all alone now? I bet she was a valuable roomie offering all sorts of good advice!

Christine said...

I miss the telepathic message...I need you....well, perhaps it was the collapsed self on the couch waiting for you to come home. The other day I was going to sit on your porch waiting for you to come home but then I had to push the access code, the button on my visor wasn't working anymore...can't I get the garage door opener again. Darcy won't mind....well maybe. But, I wouldn't have to stop and push those buttons!