Thursday, November 27, 2008

you've been so kind and generous, i don't know how you keep on giving

The drive that I anticipated being long and boring was kind of fun. There's nothing wrong with singing the Carpenters outloud when you're all alone. Unlike when I'm singing while driving with my brother and he asks, "Who sings this?" And when I answer he says, "Well why don't we let them."

On Tuesday evening I arrived at Kim's house in Henderson. She said, "Let's put your things in your room," which had some chocolates, a little loaf of pumpkin bread, a bottle of water, and a little bottle of shampoo and conditioner. It was better than a swanky hotel. She knows how to make someone feel welcome and comfortable. We had dinner and talked and talked. Then I went to sleep in one of the most comfortable beds with the best pillows ever, which I'll be getting soon (Sleep Innovations available at Costco). I slept in until after 10. It's hard to do that away from home. Later, she gave me a cute little silver frog charm (long standing joke), then before I got in my car to leave there was a cold water bottle, granola bar, and banana tucked into my bag. I'm thankful for such a great friend. Thanks for everything, Kim. It was so fun and just what I needed. I'll be coming back soon.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Kristen, It was great having you, and I will look forward to you coming back soon! Hey, your brother sounds like mine, can't they just say hey you are even better than Karen Carpenter!

Anne said...

Sounds so nice, can I go to Kim's?

rocknbrocks said...

Oh I get it, you stopped at Kim's on the way? What a nice stay you must have had!

Katherine said...

I'm with you, Anne. Wow! What a great hostess!