Friday, November 21, 2008

misty water-colored memories

Just remembering when Saturday mornings meant cartoons instead all the other stuff it means now.

"Wonder twin powers-activate! Shape of an eagle, form of an ice cube." I think the girl twin always had to be a type of bird and the boy twin was some form of water. He'd be a stream and his face would be floating and talking in the water. Creepy. I loved the All New Super Friends Hour. They'd meet around that big table and have a superheroes committee meeting. Then there were other great shows like H.R. Pufnstuf with Eddie and his talking whistle. "Save me, Eddie!" Don't even get me started on Land of the Lost with Chaka.

4 comments:

Shonda said...

Ahhh, at last! A post! :)
So, do tell~ What does Sat. morning mean now?
To us it is Vegie Tales on ABC. Not as good as the Sat. morning line up we grew up with. I recently showed my kids an episode of Hong Kong Phooey on Youtube. Now that's some quality tv! :D

rocknbrocks said...

I remember all those shows!Why isn't Schoolhouse Rock on anymore? My kids need to learn their parts of speech! oh well, at least they have every Brady Bunch memorized!

Kristen said...

Okay, I'll be honest, Saturday mornings usually mean sleeping in! (you moms probably don't know too much about that!) But lately they've been too busy.

Jaime, you can get Schoolhouse Rock on DVD. Conjunction, junction, what's your function? I show them to my students.

Chrissy said...

We are big fans of the Schoolhouse Rock DVD's. Matt was actually in a play where they did all those songs. Odd, I know. We have nicknamed Jared "chaka" since he reminds us of that little caveboy when he eats his food.