Wednesday, July 9, 2008

we are family, i got all my sisters (and one brother) with me

As mentioned earlier, I had a fun time at my family reunion. Here are the details you've all been waiting for. ;) Everyone was there: my parents, three sisters, one brother, three brothers-in law, one sister-in-law, and the cutest, sweetest, funniest six nephews and three nieces ever. Most of the time we relaxed at Mama Phyllis and Papa Vern's house playing games like Speed Scrabble, watching HGTV, celebrating birthdays, eating too much, and laughing a lot. The kids were shooting hoops, riding bikes, and making bubbles in the backyard. I had fun watching them have fun. We went to the Oregon coast for a few nights. It's really beautiful because it's kind of rugged and rocky with magnificent evergreens right across from the ocean. There was playing in the waves, visiting the Oregon Coast Aquarium, eating clam chowder, and s'mores over a bonfire. Each night, after a noisy and fun day, I would go to my quiet room and watch and listen to the waves. Heaven.

Here is evidence that I do indeed have the cutest nieces and nephews ever.

6 comments:

Shonda said...

I am so excited for the pictures!!!! Those are some cute kiddos! I think I can figure out which ones belong to which parent. The boys on the bottom are Alison's, the baby boy with the bottle has got to be Matthew's, and the little boy with the ball and blue shirt looks like Anne. It's so great to hear about the fam. I love them, you know.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

You are good! Except the baby with a bottle is a girl. :) A few parents asked me not to post pictures online, but they are adorable, too. I told them all that I wouldn't post names online, but I'll tell you more than you ever wanted to know later. We love you, too!!

rocknbrocks said...

so cute! I can tell they all have Curtis blood! What a fun reunion!

Shonda said...

Ack! of, course, she is a beautiful baby GIRL! My apologies to the new parents! She looks so much like her daddy did as a baby. Only female. ;)

Kristen said...

Hey, I've made that mistake plenty of times-that's when those little stick on bows come in handy. She does look like her daddy!